Whitlingham Country Park is a favourite amongst both city dwellers and countryside enthusiasts alike, offering a tranquil location to get away from it all. The 2 mile wheelchair accessible path around the Great Broad, woodland trails and meadows are well worth exploring. You can download a map here.
With ample parking and refreshments onsite, cycling is another great activity that can be enjoyed at the park. Cycles are welcome on the paths at the park, including around the Great Broad. Furthermore, National Cycle Route 1 runs right through the park down Whitlingham Lane, past the wooded area.
Visit our What's on page and discover an abundance of amazing things going on at the park throughout the year
An abundance of flora, fauna and fungi call Whitlingham Country Park their home, and a visit at any time of the year is sure to reward you with some interesting sightings. There are plenty of local clubs that frequent the park, so if you want to expand your knowledge of nature then why not pay a visit?
Whitlingham Country Park is free to enter and relies heavily on the generosity of its volunteers and supporters to manage the paths, meadows & woodlands. We face the same problems and challenges as all urban parks so please help us protect the Park for future generations. When you enter the park you agree to...
- keep your dog on a lead in the car parks, conservation area, barn café and the barn meadow,
- always pick up after your dog. Stepping in dog poo can ruin your day,
- not to swim or fish in the Great and Little Broads,
- stay on the waymarked paths. Whitlingham is a working Park and woodland, its for your safety,
- take your rubbish home with you to recycle and dispose of responsibly,
- BBQ in the designated area only and don't stand them on wooden furniture. Yes, people do,
- reduce the environmental impact of your BBQ and buy charcoal produced in the UK. If this is not possible make sure you buy charcoal certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC),
- not to park on the verge, you ruin them. If you're visiting the park in a vehicle please use the car parks and support the park,
- Whitlingham Lane is a clearway, that means no stopping and yes it does apply to you.